REMOTE | Certified Scrum Master®
Learn the essentials of working as a ScrumMaster or Scrum team member in this course. While the Scrum Alliance provides a list of core concepts that must be covered in the class, each instructor creates his or her own material, allowing courses to differ based on the strengths, interests, and experiences of the instructor. This class will be run by 2 of Florida's most experienced Agile Coaches and Trainers, Marcelo Lopez and Rick Regueira.
Following the course, each participant is enrolled as a potential Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional Certified ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
We expect you to have some prior knowledge about Scrum and we expect you to have read the "Scrum Guide" on www.scrumguides, and studied the website "HeartofScrum" on heartofscrum.org .
How To Register
Individuals wishing to attend the certification Scrum certification course should register by this site.
Participants will receive printed and bounded material on the first day of class. The material is in English and will change from Training class to Training class. The material will be enhanced by more slides, videos and other pictures in case the trainer find this useful during class. Being a ScrumMaster demands a lot of skill and can at first sight look like a trivial challenge. However, once starting the journey to transform the organization there will be impediment after impediment that will challenge the implementation of Scrum. So to use Scrum, using "The Art of the Possible", there needs to be skilled ScrumMasters to take on this challenge.
Each individual is trained to be able to assume the following responsibilities:
- Remove the barriers between development and business (ProductOwner) so the business directly drives development;
- Teach the business how to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum;
- Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment;
- Improve the productivity of the development team in any way possible; and,
- Improve the engineering practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable
The training is done with many team exercises. Be prepared to do hard work. The training will give you the feeling of Scrum itself. The first day is dedicated to the Why and the Philosophy, the Meaning of Scrum. The second day hand over the tools and the How of Scrum. Using anecdotes and experience, teaching the Scrum framework, and how to use it to be an effective Agile leader - you will learn to be a great ScrumMaster.
Upon Graduation As a result of their successful completion of the program, each participant will get an invitation to join Scrumalliance as a certified Scrum Master.
Fundamentals of agile and Scrum, running Scrum projects, planning and scaling Scrum projects, offshore development using Scrum, bidding on fixed price/date contracts, and ensuring the adequacy of engineering practices.
- Attendee substitutions are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes if registrations are insufficient
- Refunds are provided as follows: 30 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
$1,000.00 Regular Ticket
$1,000.00 Regular Ticket